Monday, October 29, 2007

Is Jennifer Love Hewitt the President of Argentina?

I saw a news clip of 'world events' over the weekend and in the footage of Cristina Fernández de Kirchner elected President in Argentina, I, at first, thought it was JLH. I'm not sure if I was hoping it was true or afraid it might be. Or what I should make of either of those thoughts.

I suppose this morning in Boston they'd elect Mike Lowell mayor and possibly Manny or Big Papi to the governor's mansion. Ten days ago in New York, some wanted to elevate Joe Torre to sainthood for his service to the House of Steinbrenner that, at times, has resembled the House of Usher (and EAP is not a Baltimore Ravens fan, fwiw). And many who cheered A-Rod all season are now jeering him-change just one consonant and watch what happens.

A hero/heroine makes a difference everyday while a celebrity makes a headline every week.
After awhile the twain does meet and we lose twack of which witch is which.

Wait until that Mischa Barton for President movement catches fire.
Except in California. They deserve a break.
-bill kenny

No comments:

All Due Respect for Art's Sake

From my earliest days as a short-pants, no romance little kid, I read National Geographic Magazine.  I could be transported anywhere and eve...