Monday, December 31, 2007

Hello and Goodbye and Hello

I thought I'd try for something cunningly clever today, it being the last day of 2007 and all. Then I saw the 'precocity' warning light flashing on my forehead in the mirror and that was the end of that bright idea.

I hope 2007 was good, and if not good, then kind, to you and yours and I welcome the arrival of 2008 and the hope and promise of what it may bring for us all. I realize a year from now some of us will not be here to read the update to this entry (or write it, for that matter) but while the actors and actresses are changed and exchanged on a daily basis (in every aspect of our everyday lives), the play goes on. We change partners, but continue in the dance.

2007 was the best of years and the worst of years and 2008 will be the same. It's not really a matter of the number of days and hours in a year, or a lifetime, but what we do with the space between the beginning and the end. I hope you have all the space you need for that which you need to do and look forward to talking to you next year.
-bill kenny

No comments:

A Quarter of a Century On...

Maybe it's a phenomenon of age and the aging process but I'm always surprised to discover something I think of as 'not that long...