Sunday, March 18, 2012

Copulatory Vocalization

There's a title that should cause search engines everywhere to skip a beat, eh? Or is that more of a 'what the heck is that supposed to even mean?' look on your browser? I love the way we use language to mask meaning instead of enhance it-the difference between translucence and transparency. That phrase is actually grown-up researchers’ code describing (women) moaning during sex.  We both know the number of hits for that page on CNN was probably off the charts. I’m trying to imagine what the banner ads looked like, and failing.

I don’t understand why the article doesn’t talk about men moaning during sex or what that’s called, aside from ‘this is news, why?” (In which case it’s a multi-part series hosted by Dr. Sanjay Gupta). And I’m NOT going a lot farther speculating about this topic because I have zero desire to find out what it’s like to sleep on the couch in our living room, for the rest of my life.

I guess we all think about Meg Ryan in “When Harry Met Sally” but my favorite passage in the on-line account was “(w)omen also reported making noise to relieve boredom, fatigue and pain/discomfort during sex.” Don’t know about you, but I’m seeing a whole new market for Playstation as the other adult handheld device if the Sony folks know what they’re doing. It’s very possible many women have either a Super Mario or a Sonic the Hedgehog as a partner. Batteries sold separately.    

I suppose, a good realtor can turn all of this research to their advantage in selling those homes that happen to be in airport flight paths to newly-weds. By the time, those couples realize the neighborhood schools are too far from the house for their children to walk, they’ll be looking to move because of all the aircraft noise they hadn’t noticed before. Concerns they didn’t have when the moving van first arrived. It hasn’t been easy lately for folks like Shields and Yarnell-a little too quiet on the professional and personal front.
-bill kenny 

No comments:

A Quarter of a Century On...

Maybe it's a phenomenon of age and the aging process but I'm always surprised to discover something I think of as 'not that long...