Saturday, July 28, 2012

You Got to Fill Out a Form First

Do you hate waiting in line more in hot weather in July than in the cool of the Spring or the Fall. Me, too-not sure why but I sure do. And once I get steamed, emotionally and physically, it carries over into everything I do for hours afterwards. Talk about all revved up and nowhere to go. Need to learn to savor the flavor while  I still have a sense of taste.

Yesterday evening we sort of had rain, the first rain in awhile. We've had low water levels in our rivers, lakes and streams since a very mild winter, but we're not farmers around here so it's not as critical as Idaho and Nebraska. Here we have crunchy forests because it's so dry, not dust storms where lives and livelihoods are blown away forever.

When I want to feel sorry for myself about how unhappy waiting for anything makes me in the heat, I think about how much closer to the end of my life I am than to the beginning. Especially with a phalanx of physicians and a multitude of meds that I'm on. What if, despite my obstinacy, there is a Hereafter and I'm a walk-on in that movie?

In light of how I have felt about Him for lo these many decades, how can I expect The Lord of All Creation to react to my arrival, probably on a very hectic and crowded day when I'm at my most snippy (rhymes with Skippy) (inside joke). "And face to face, in the vastness of space your words disappear."
-bill kenny

No comments:

B-B-Back in M-M-My D-D-Day

On New Year's Day, 1966, London Records (their USA record company) unveiled a billboard for the next Rolling Stones album, December'...