Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Shake Off the Demon

I think I'm tired and why when I am tired that I am so attracted to tales of extraordinary deeds being accomplished by ordinary men and women, sons and daughters, from the simplest of objects with ripples from their actions that are incalculable in terms of impact and import.

See yourself as just one-but also remember you are one. And while you cannot do everything, you can do something and because you can do something, you must do it now. In this case, I made this fellow's acquaintance, albeit at a moment when he had close to ZERO hits on You Tube, the ultimate arbiter of all that is cool and good, and I have been telling everybody ever since. And now you, too.

This was so simple and so easy-my first thought was 'I could do this!' Then my evil twin, Skippy, cognizant of my limited intellectual abilities and mechanical skills, pointed out 'actually no, you can't.' And he's right, but you can or do something like it or something like it but better. And with every step, as halting and as unsure as it may be, long or short stride, we take in a positive direction, just that much better do we make this world.

If you choose to share your talents with the rest of us and believe in so doing you secure a place for yourself at that bountiful table up yonder, good on ya (and ask for a doggie bag). I'll settle as a reward that the rest of us had the chance because you used your gift. You don't have to believe in anyone resembling the devil to know there's a lot of different forms of evil in this world and it's going to take us many years to make this place the Garden of Eden for everyone the story says it once was. So shake off the demon and try.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Art for Art's Sake

The purpose of art is to conceal art.   This is called "The Invisibility of Poverty" created by Kevin Lee. -bill kenny