Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Colder than a Teach's Wit

So this is what it's come down to for The Empire Upon Which the Sun Never Sets. Attempts to get a court order to halt the publishing of photographs of Her Royal Highness, Princess of Cambridge's uncovered bosoms. Seems it's too late already in some countries but never you mind, my plebeian friend, Her Majesty's Solicitor will not rest.

I'll bet Prince Willy and his hairy (or was it Prince Harry and his ....) wishes the House of Windsor had been a bit more aggressive a fortnight or so ago when imagery of him and his member of the House of Lords running as free as a bird in Las Vegas were willy-nilly in every newspaper in the world. But boys will be boys and girls will be gawked at, I suppose.

I'm not sure what we commoners aren't supposed to know about and/or see. That the women of the Crown of Great Britain have breasts? What if some of us either already knew that or had sort of guessed at it. Off with our heads?

I don't think HRH's government is in imminent danger of implosion because of the pictures such as they may be. Of course, I haven't actually seen them and if she's doing handstands and it looks like she's holding ice cream cones, I may revise my opinion. Or if I am confronted by something like this:


At which point, after conceding that which is seen can NOT be unseen, I'll be in search of a sharpened stick. Whose point I'll need to make only twice.
-bill kenny      

No comments:

A Quarter of a Century On...

Maybe it's a phenomenon of age and the aging process but I'm always surprised to discover something I think of as 'not that long...