Saturday, December 29, 2012

Social Clubs in Drag Disguise

You have paid more attention to the "fiscal cliff" stories than have I. I know this because I have paid none, actually less than none referring to this cat rodeo as the Fiscal Cliff Richard, mainly because I'm an anglophile and I've always enjoyed Britpop music. Okay, Coldplay not so much. Or Oasis. Or Blink 182, come to think of it. Actually, Britpop sucks. Kidding (but not about Coldplay or Oasis).

I'm just about out of patience with the volumes of reporting being done on what could be the impact and effects of all of this. And by that I mean, explaining it to me. I, and you, can do nothing to stop any of this  except between now and tomorrow when the imbeciles, pissants, perverts, and talentless, humorless morons covered in skin and hair we've elected to the House of Representatives convene and attempt to avert something that they knew to the exact second last Spring could happen. 

Today, right now, go here and look up the contact information on the living brain donor who purports to represent you in Dodge City and phone/fax/email/tweet a note to her/him that says quit screwing around and do what we elected them to do instead of the reindeer games they and the folks across the political aisle have been playing for months.   

I don't know what your position on this issue is. Quite frankly, I don't care what it is as long as you know (and the more educated an argument for whatever your position is the better for all of us)-and if you don't, yet, go here and grab a handful of articles until you're smart(er). Then contact the smarmy bastards and tell them this is their weekend to make history. 

If any of them gives you attitude, remind them of Alexis de Tocqueville's fateful forecast, "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's money."
-bill kenny

No comments:

Honoring Honoré de Balzac

I return to this thought every year on this day because I need to remind myself that all of us, present company included, is the sum of ever...