Monday, February 11, 2013

A Little Something Just to Soothe My Soul

Probably like you I spent hours over the weekend snow shoveling and snow blowing. Trust me when I say I hate snow. Always have, and always will though the length of time left on that aspect of the imprecation grows shorter everyday and goes from menacing and foreboding to inept and pathetic in rapid order.

It was fine and good to help neighbors clean up snow, there certainly was enough of it. I think I helped them as much for my sake as I did for their sake but I'll tell you by Sunday afternoon my butt was dragging from all the helpfulness and I certainly needed that nap on the couch in the living room where I had announced I was watching TV.

I wasn't, of course, but I was smiling thinking of what I'll be watching soon enough and had gotten me through the snow drifts of this past weekend just as surely as it got me through the insipid stupidity of the Super Bowl buildup of the previous two weeks...we're down to single digits for the start of Spring Training.

Dear Mother Nature, do your worst, because I'll do my best to keep my eye on the prize. The smell of neet foot oil being rubbed into a glove, the scuffing of a brand-new baseball and the crisp crack as the wood meets  the ball. Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce Spring Training 2013 and Major League Baseball. All the reason to live I need for the next six months. Play Ball!  
-bill kenny

No comments:

Art for Art's Sake

The purpose of art is to conceal art.   This is called "The Invisibility of Poverty" created by Kevin Lee. -bill kenny