Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Final Piece of the Puzzle

I don't really care about the world beyond my window today. I should, and at some level I do, but in reality I don't. Today is our daughter's birthday. Happy birthday, Michelle.

You will always be my little girl even though there are more times than I care to admit when I recognize you are an adult. There will come a time when you will take solace in that thought. It will probably not be before lunch today, but thanks for playing.

Michelle spent months after we arrived in Connecticut from Germany looking at everything and everyone with her big eyes as if trying to memorize everything. I think it worked out pretty well because 21 plus years after all of that, it's still pretty much in the same places and with the same faces.


Okay some of us have gotten old(er) and our mileage may vary but I really hope you have a marvelous birthday and that the rest of the year is equally swell. And yes, I know you expect I'll finish up with a ridiculously well-known composition by Sir Paul McCartney back when he had a day job, but I've always enjoyed a song of the same name from a small and somewhat obscure movie that's best known some forty years later for giving us the music of Bernie Taupin and Elton John. Happy Birthday Mickey Mouse.
-dad.

No comments:

Now and Zen

Our local supermarket, feeling the competitive pressure no doubt of an Arkansas retail chain in a business where profit margins often disapp...