Thursday, October 3, 2013

Just a Few Words in Defense of Our Country

I'm numbed by the political poop from just about everyone who's popped up on my TV since Tuesday at midnight when I found out I and about 800,000 other federal employees would go from a summer where we got screwed out of 20% of our salaries because champion chimpanzees couldn't take yes for an answer, to an autumn where we would get screwed out of the rest of it.

I've since learned neither John Boehner nor Ted Cruz called any of the people to whom I owe money to explain it was they and not me who is keeping them from getting paid. I am sorely vexed, gentlemen.

And what exactly was that theater of 'Let's show The Honor Flight Vets of World War II Their Memorial Which Our Own Porcine Obstinacy and Arrogance Closed" video clip supposed to be all about?

Seriously, Far Right Noise Machine of the late, great, Republican Party-now you care about veterans? Should I tell you that nearly two dozen veterans kill themselves everyday and you've cut the budget to the Veterans Administration AND now you've closed it? Helluva a photo op, ain't it?

The Tea Party is the Republican Party's cross to bear-not mine or yours and we cannot fix them or help them heal. Speaking just for me-I don't want anyone with an R behind her/his name to get better at all. And if I have my way they won't.

Here's the deal current members of the Republican Party seeking office, anywhere within the sound of my voice. Even if I liked you (note the verb's tense) yesterday or voted for you previously, the blush is off that rose.

For me to pull the lever (old image-new one is darken the circle) for you on the first Tuesday in November, you need to rid yourselves of those meddlesome Tea Party priests. Sorry-not interested in why you can't or how come you won't. Not my problem just as how they're wrecking my life and others isn't yours.

Welcome to quid pro quo, population: you. If you don't unload the Tea Party, I will vote for whomever is NOT a Republican; anyone-even if that choice is a slug, and it may well be. Yep, I will cut off my own nose to spite my face; that's why I have a fresh roll of duct tape to help me keep my glasses on.

Here's a handy list of everything your gals and guys in the DC Main Office helped shutter as of Tuesday morning-just so you know I'm not being petty. I finished filing for unemployment compensation yesterday, because I and my colleagues don't have jobs. Sorry, that was being petty. But y'know what?  Ted Cruz is right-it feels great!
-bill kenny

1 comment:

Pudge said...

Outstanding - I'm going one better. If your an incumbent you've proven you're also incompetent - so you're OUT! I believe ACA was passed even though it was not what the majority of Americans wanted (I did not do my own poll - and yes, we had an election end the same way). However, it was passed into law in accordance with the rules of the country and survived a Supreme Court ruling. Tea Party - you lost - suck it up and move on.

A Quarter of a Century On...

Maybe it's a phenomenon of age and the aging process but I'm always surprised to discover something I think of as 'not that long...