Saturday, May 31, 2014

Ideally, Today's the Day

It was just last weekend we had such warm weather. I was that guy whining about 'it's too warm too quickly' and we both know what that got me living in the Northeast, right? Having spent the past three days shivering I'm choosing my words with care. Perhaps not so much my graphic aids.


Actually this weekend will get off to rousing start as I go for blood tests this morning. The lab opens up at seven. There's always a gaggle of people, many of whom glare at me when I show up at the sign-in window because I make an online appointment, head right in to the drawing station (I used to bring my crayons but no one cared) and leave them to stew in their own annoyance, never making eye contact with me, as I return in short order to my life, already in progress.

If you have nothing better to do for an hour or so but read really old magazines that nobody else has ever heard of ("Pedestrians Illustrated" or "Cat Rodeo Weekly" and the like) don't make an appointment. More for me. Thanks.


I'll go to the Norwich Harbor, not so much for the Dragon Boat Races (have never really warmed to them but many of my neighbors love them to pieces) which are happening today on the Howard T. Brown Park side of the harbor but, rather, to board the replica wooden ships, the Nina and Pinta, at the Marina.


They were here a couple of years back which is where that last picture and this next picture are from. They are lovely and also amazing feats of construction. I have every intention of wearing an eye patch and renting a parrot to sit on my shoulder as I take a self-guided tour (I'll tell them, "I used to drive one of these" and they'll say, "Pinta". Oh, how we'll laugh.).


Sunday, our daughter, Michelle, and I will catch the WNBA's Connecticut Sun in action, or as close as their youthful roster will allow. This has all the makings of a long season in terms of work versus reward which makes me sad because last year lasted for most of a decade as I recall.

Didn't mean to make you jealous with my weekend plans (okay, I actually did). I hope whatever you want to do works out. Perhaps we can compare notes, or not.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Let a Smile Be Your Umbrella

At seven-plus decades here on the Big Blue Marble, I am perhaps inordinately proud of having very nearly all my own teeth and hardly any cav...