Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Whole Lot MORE Right

Adam and Margaret's Rob got married Friday on the beach, practically in the ocean at Point Pleasant Beach. Do NOT scroll down looking for pictures. The family and friends of both the Bride, Jess, and the groom had boxcars of photos taken and those who should see them shall.

I just wanted to offer an unsolicited word to the Jersey Shore, still struggling and still recovering after Hurricane Sandy. We stayed in a lovely hotel complete with ocean front access. Not far from us was this house with a lot more interaction with the ocean than I had in my youthful sand castle building days. I stood in the street in front of this house to take this photo.


The morning after the wedding I was on the Boardwalk around six (when you get up at three on workdays, sleeping in until five thirty is a treat). The weather was a postcard come to earth.


I'm not sure I know what's left to say or do to help all those across miles of beaches get back to where they once belonged. If I knew, I'd say it and do it. But keep you chin up and your flag flying, because we do salute you.


-bill kenny

No comments:

Let a Smile Be Your Umbrella

At seven-plus decades here on the Big Blue Marble, I am perhaps inordinately proud of having very nearly all my own teeth and hardly any cav...