Monday, June 16, 2014

I Was Bored with Grumpy Cat Anyway.....

I love the global village (as well I should since I'm a global village idiot and have the cap 'n' bells to prove it) and admit that I contribute to the logjam and hardening of the wireless arteries with pap such as this, but the potential when we speak of problem solving and conflict resolution when/if we harness the powers (for good and sometimes, even, for better) of connectivity are so tempting what else can one do but follow the white rabbit?

You'd think as we are well along into G2.5 of "The Internet" that we'd start to spend more time while expending more energy and ability to create solutions to situations that have long been a part of the human condition as we finally have the collaborative tools to put our heads and hearts together on a scale and scope never before imagined.

Hunger, poverty, illness-wiped out at the speed of a mouse click as we work beyond borders and across ideologies and belief barriers to build a better planet for all.....Or not.

Turns out, and I'm as guilty as you are (and maybe more so), we spend a lot of time sending one another knock-knock jokes, posting pictures of various "Ain't Nobody Got Time for That" somethings (I don't know what to call them) and sharing pictures of small dogs and grumpy cats. It's understandable, I guess.

After all refining and redefining capitalism to better accommodate a living wage and an equitable distribution of reasonably priced goods and services is hard work. A meme of Miley Cyrus performing We Can Twerk It Out is easy-peasy.

And while low hanging fruit is often not the best tasting, it is low-hanging and that should and does count for something. Sometimes it counts for everything.

Like this. I laughed the first time I saw it and, admit it (it's just us right now), you did, too. By the time I'd seen it for the next five hundred kabillion times, maybe not so much.

That's not the squirrel whisperer's fault my dear Brutus, but, rather, ours. A decade plus after we spent billions and sacrificed thousands of our uniformed men and women in combat to affect 'regime change' half way around the world, the crazies who flocked there to fight us are now killing one another while marching on Baghdad.

Meanwhile we're learning how to best give a squirrel mouth to mouth resuscitation (I'll save you the trouble of reviewing the clip: we don't do actual mouth to mouth, we blow air into the nose. You're welcome). It's a tough life being a 2000 Man, especially if you don't weaken. Squirrel!
-bill kenny

No comments:

A Quarter of a Century On...

Maybe it's a phenomenon of age and the aging process but I'm always surprised to discover something I think of as 'not that long...