Friday, June 6, 2014

The Union of Your Spirits Here

I have often envied my youngest brother, Adam. He, unlike most others on the planet, has the good fortune of having a handsome and talented, as well as witty, oldest sibling (still working on modesty and self-esteem issues obviously).

However, I have rarely envied him and his blushing bride, Margaret, more than I do today as their son, Rob, and the love of his life, Jess, marry.

As a father myself, I know the striving and desire to want your children to be happy and healthy and how nothing beyond that is anywhere near as important as you'd always been told. And in one act today, in the blink of an eye, Rob will be both.

He and his about-to-be deserve every happiness and my brother and Margaret have earned every smile they should wear for the entire day. "For if loving is the answer, then who's the giving for? Do you believe in something that you've never seen before?"
-bill kenny

No comments:

Eleven Years On

I'm reprising something I wrote years ago on this date because there was nothing else to write but the words of the next paragraphs. And...