Thursday, August 21, 2014

Ay Carumba!

As promotional stunts go, this one from the FXX (cable) network borders on a public service. I’ll make this quick as I don’t know what time it is wherever you are, but as of 10 this morning and running through the final moments of the Labor Day holiday, FXX is running a marathon of every episode of The Simpsons ever made, in order *.

Should definitely make for some quiet streets in neighborhoods across the country as some of us struggle to answer Bart’s age-old question, “What if you're a really good person, but you get into a really, really bad fight and your leg gets gangrene and it has to be amputated. Will it be waiting for you in heaven?”

Rumor has it that may be the tie-breaker used by the next College of Cardinals to determine who becomes Pope. (Having your own hat will no longer be enough, Kelly; just sayin'.).

I can’t imagine watching all of it (actually the people I work for have told me they can’t imagine it as I’m supposed to be at my desk at work for at least eight hours of it every work-day , so I, too, can’t imagine it) but I can imagine there are plenty of folks who will do exactly that and post about it on Social Media Uber Alles as it’s happening.

For my part, I’ve always loved Bart’s scribbling on the school blackboard as punishment though never more than when he scrawled “I will not surprise the incontinent.” We’re all gonna die, Lis.

-bill kenny

No comments:

Now and Zen

Our local supermarket, feeling the competitive pressure no doubt of an Arkansas retail chain in a business where profit margins often disapp...