Saturday, September 27, 2014

Boys and their Toys

The add-on lenses for my cell phone camera arrived I'm thinking last Friday or Saturday. I don't have any way of gauging it closer because we were on the road or already at Niagara Falls when the postman knocked.

I was really hoping the lenses, ordered via a Facebook advert, would arrive before we had headed off but, bad luck, they didn't, until I got to thinking about struggling in the boat at the Falls and the wind rushing around a boatload of us as we approached Horseshoe Falls.


I was really glad that I hadn't elevated the degree of difficulty in all of that by struggling with little tiny metal and glass objects that attach magnetically to the cellphone body and assist the lens in doing tricks.

I got a macro-focus lens that is quite cool for intensely up-close and personal work as well as a fish eye so I can pretend to be artistic. I may not be fooling as many people as I once hoped to be doing but I do like the effect based on this shot of the Falls, albeit the one near our house when I took this picture earlier in the week.


It's a poor craftsman who blames his tools. Thank goodness, I'm not a craftsman-the camera in the phone is nearly as weak a link as the operator behind the eyepiece. But sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Now and Zen

Our local supermarket, feeling the competitive pressure no doubt of an Arkansas retail chain in a business where profit margins often disapp...