Monday, September 22, 2014

Sofa, So Good

When I saw it last week, it cracked me side-wise.


This photo, taken in June, could have easily been entitled, “Dad takes Mom to meet his boss and all I got was this lousy couch cushion.” I’m old enough to be able to envision, back in the days of Camelot, when a Kennedy child might well have done the same thing. We were then a very different land of the free and home of the brave but then again, those were very different times.

The White House has been careful to not identify anyone in the photo except to note the occasion was a departing Secret Service agent prior to his new assignment wanting his spouse and son to meet the man he protected for a living.

Hand on my heart, I’m not sure if I were the young man’s age I could resist the temptation to do as he did. Heck, I’m not sure I’d be able to not do it now. As for what exactly was going on, I think we can both guess what that youngster was looking for under the couch cushions

I’m just grateful he didn’t bite the usherette’s leg in the dark.

-bill kenny  

No comments:

Now and Zen

Our local supermarket, feeling the competitive pressure no doubt of an Arkansas retail chain in a business where profit margins often disapp...