Monday, April 20, 2015

Diem, from Per through Carpe and All Points in Between

We had a marvelous weekend, weather-wise in these here parts (I'm practicing talking like Yosemite Sam in case that ever becomes a thing, again) and I used both days to do absolutely nothing of any social value at all.

I observed National Record Store Day on Saturday by visiting a great shop I enjoy year-round, The Telegraph, in New London and finally meeting one of the engines who drives the store, Daphne Lee Martin, whose music I'm also inordinately fond of.


I, and my wife and daughter then traveled not that far, down Golden Street a skosh and a quick left to Berry's Ice Cream and Candy Bar for some ice cold delight wrapped in a chocolate dipped Belgian Waffle cone, of sorts. And yes, if you don't get it all over your face, you're not doing it right.


The troubles of the world will, I'm sure, make themselves known to me and to all of us later today as is their wont but the respite provided by the weekend was (of course) too short and entirely necessary.


I hope you had an opportunity to enjoy yourself, for yourself. You're all you have and are all you can depend on. So, what are you waiting for?
-bill kenny

No comments:

Honoring Honoré de Balzac

I return to this thought every year on this day because I need to remind myself that all of us, present company included, is the sum of ever...