Saturday, June 20, 2015

Silent but Dadly

Yeah. I know. That was awful, wasn't it. And in poor taste (and not even all that funny). Sounds like most kids talking about their dads at some point in that relationship and perhaps that's true. Or your mileage may vary and that is fine as well.

Tomorrow is Father's Day and I will expound expansively or exhale expensively, I'm never sure which to do when and no one else cares, but I wanted to leave this right here right now that our son, Patrick Michael, sent me the other day.  It made me smile when I saw it and remembered the outing that was the day it was taken.


I hope it makes you smile too. Someplace, decades ago before he was born I found a quote that fit, when I allowed the time, the relationship I had with my dad and the one I have with Patrick: "A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be."
-bill kenny

No comments:

A Childhood Memory

As a child at Saint Peter's (sic) School in New Brunswick, New Jersey, it was forcibly impressed upon us by the Sisters of Charity whose...