Saturday, January 23, 2016

Pity or Envy

Maybe you're suffering through Snowmageddon or, braced for a bruising, you received instead a mere brush. I watched local news here last night and some of the reporters seemed almost gleeful about what was, or wasn't, heading into Southeastern Connecticut.

Places like Dodge City and Baltimore were barely mentioned so if you live in those areas you might want to talk to your Chamber of Commerce about elevating public awareness. Assuming you ever get dug out.

As a young fella from Minnesota (where they know whereof they speak meteorologically) once sang, you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows, but if you have a weather app on your smartphone, you may have been wearing that sucker out since at some point yesterday.


We had a lot of snow here last winter. It arrived late in the season and it stayed until what seemed like Independence Day but I'm sure my trip to the hyperbolic chamber has something to do with that recollection.

Not sure when it's safe to look much less go outside so I hesitate to gloat or commiserate because I'm not sure what will happen around here next. And though there's no business like snow business, as it is in so much else in life, when the feces hits the ventilator, it's every man for himself. I've been burning my bell, book, and candle. And the restoration plays have all been goin' round.
-bill kenny

No comments:

The More I Know, the Less I Understand

Everyone has a theory for what ails us as a society. Except me. I have Stephen Covey.  Subject to your questions this concludes my briefing ...