Thursday, March 3, 2016

The Delaware River Buttshark

As someone who started to #FeeltheBern about a year ago, little of what happened during Super Tuesday was especially super. I’m starting to talk myself into believing that all I should have hoped to see this election year was that the discussion on what we are as a country and who we are as a people would become more inclusive.  

That’s as may be on one side of the aisle. As for the other side, a large and growing number of folks seem to be keen on choosing someone who’d prohibit any such discussions from ever including Mexicans and Muslims (so far) but never excluding white men in white sheets, I call them the Percale Posse, but I do know they have another name. 

This is my favorite image from Tuesday night, and it reminds me there are worse things than failing.


It was sad enough when many, to include this former Jerseyite, thought of Chris Christie as the man who closed the George Washington Bridge for petty personal reasons. But look at his face. That’s the look of a man who has just realized his nose is so far up somebody else’s butt that if Mr. Trump turns suddenly, the good governor will break his neck. 
-bill kenny

No comments:

The More I Know, the Less I Understand

Everyone has a theory for what ails us as a society. Except me. I have Stephen Covey.  Subject to your questions this concludes my briefing ...