Saturday, July 30, 2016

You Have Sacrificed Nothing

This is a long watch, I mean a very long watch and it’s not a light-hearted subject with a shiny, sunny conclusion. It’s a father mourning the loss of his son while the child was serving his country in another of our far-away wars. 

I’m a dad, so this hits very close to home. If you’re in the same boat (I thought I recognized you from Dad’s College!), I can understand if you skip it. Between us, you can't watch it and NOT get angry at the manner in which we have squandered Captain Khan's (and all the others) sacrifice. 

We live in an age of name-calling and indiscriminate denigration, but I still cannot refer to the New York Times as “lamestream media,” but rather as I was raised to call it, “America’s newspaper of record.” Their version of this story is here.   


No one has ever confused Ann Coulter’s opinion with the truth and in reference to Kzihr Khan, it doesn’t look like that streak is in any danger of being broken anytime soon. This is priceless stuff, ma’am (not my first choice of  a four letter word to describe you but my mom and sisters think I’m a gentleman). 

As Forrest Gump’s momma always told him, “stupid is as stupid does.” The same is true for hateful.
-bill kenny

No comments:

A Childhood Memory

As a child at Saint Peter's (sic) School in New Brunswick, New Jersey, it was forcibly impressed upon us by the Sisters of Charity whose...