Friday, August 19, 2016

The Aurora Is Rising Behind Us

Will be doing some serious (at my age) driving later today, heading south of sorts for the Jersey Shore and a short visit to see my youngest brother, Adam and his wife, Margaret. 

Aside from not losing my cool or loosening my tongue too often behind the wheel in both directions, I don’t really have an agenda or anything that looks squad goals (thought I’d throw that in there because I see it all the time; no clue as to its meaning but so what) by the time Sunday’s return trip rolls around.

Hopefully, we’ll have some sun, sand and a sea breeze whose aroma will linger in my memory even as I steer my prison on the road northward on Sunday. All highlighting and, I hope, complementing good conversations and great times with my brother and his wife. 

Madam Marie has offered her assurances of blue skies and green lights and that’s more than good enough for me. 
-bill kenny

No comments:

Honoring Honoré de Balzac

I return to this thought every year on this day because I need to remind myself that all of us, present company included, is the sum of ever...