Sunday, September 25, 2016

Inside a Hollow Shell

Not quite predisposed towards whimsey here on the first Sunday of Autumn 2016 and I should point out it has nothing to do with our weather which is suitably autumnal (and quite lovely in many respects).

We had red and fallen maple leaves on the roof of our garage as I was leaving the house yesterday morning shortly after nine. I know a lot of folks enjoy the "leaf peeping" season and here in New England, it's a very successful magnet to draw out of area visitors, though as this website (to me) underscores, there's much to be said for the wisdom of the saying all things in moderation, even (and perhaps most especially) moderation itself.

I didn't really have time to do much yesterday in terms of reacting to the leaves on my garage as I was hurrying to the car to take my wife of nearly thirty-nine years to the emergency room of the hospital.

She complained of chest pains and feeling much like she had after her heart attack in June of last year and we live a four-minute drive from the hospital. We were there in less than two. They'll keep her until at least Monday which gives her respite from me but officially it's to make sure the pneumonia that the x-ray in the ER revealed is all the serious malady she has for now.

We promised ourselves we would love one another forever and for a very long panic-filled moment yesterday morning, I had feared the definition of forever had been changed.
-bill kenny

No comments:

B-B-Back in M-M-My D-D-Day

On New Year's Day, 1966, London Records (their USA record company) unveiled a billboard for the next Rolling Stones album, December'...