Thursday, October 20, 2016

Not Now Doesn't Mean Not Ever

The nominees for the next class of inductees to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio, were announced Tuesday. Congratulations are in order for all who were nominated but I wouldn't be me if I didn't wonder what the deal is with Warren Zevon still NOT being in the Hall and still NOT being nominated again.

If you think I'm whining about this, shut up because I'm not. Go here and get educated.


I'm not going to offer a snarky variation of a false equivalence where I pick one of the new nominees, lift an eyebrow as I curl my lip and say their name while adding 'Seriously?' That's counter-intuitive to everything I have always loved about music, most especially that we have all kinds of music because we have all kinds of people in the world.

There are Warren Zevon people in the world. I would know; I am one and I'm not alone. And I have every confidence the day will come when he is nominated and elected because he was and is a genius.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Let a Smile Be Your Umbrella

At seven-plus decades here on the Big Blue Marble, I am perhaps inordinately proud of having very nearly all my own teeth and hardly any cav...