Monday, October 3, 2016

She Packed My Bag Last Night

I slept in I guess for most of the weekend and managed to completely miss the 58th birthday of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration on Saturday.


I didn't know whether to share this or this to mark the milestone but both are terrific and worth every moment of your consideration. As a child, I grew up wanting to be an astronaut, and a cowboy as well as a baseball player and the President of the United States.

I've always liked the notion of "a rough road leads to the stars" and the history of NASA is that of an agency struggling and overcoming all obstacles for the benefit of all of us. I'll never be the astronaut I once dreamed of being but I, and you can help make sure our collective dreams are better realized just by clicking here and signing.

I'm not sure if there's cake, but for every birthday I've ever been to there sure was and I'm hoping that holds true, as well as singing Happy Birthday so put down your plate (assuming there is indeed cake) and tell your voice we have lift-off!
-bill kenny

No comments:

Let a Smile Be Your Umbrella

At seven-plus decades here on the Big Blue Marble, I am perhaps inordinately proud of having very nearly all my own teeth and hardly any cav...