Saturday, January 28, 2017

Bellyful Rulz!

Now I know what those who opposed Barack Obama's presidency (and his existence as well, now that I think about it) were undergoing for the last eight years. I now feel your pain. That said, can we stop now? If you voted for the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in our nation's capital, this is all on you. And please forgive my hoping we survive this, because I'm not sure we can or shall.

President #45 used the Lincoln Bible to take the oath of office without (seemingly) any appreciation of how keen Ole Honest's sense of humor actually was. Here's an example:


I'm thinking it might have been better had he kept his day job (okay, not all the way to the end), but I will concede it's sort of funny if you have a dog and funnier still if you are a dog. Actually, Abe may have been providing us with an example of bellyfeel, rather than bad stand-up.

Meanwhile with all the very real issues of national security and myriad of global challenges facing us, aside from Alec Baldwin and the cast of Hamilton the Musical, our nation's Chief Executive is still angry about losing the popular vote in November (with a plurality of a bit more than 77,000 votes in three separate states, he assured himself a victory in the Electoral College which is all that matters, though not to him, I guess).

We really are going through the looking glass and I think that might be more than a dab of red ('not aquamarine') paint on Kellyann Conway's lips. It's interesting how alternative facts smell a great deal like something else. Speaking of a familiar aroma, I think we all know what it is on Sean the Spice Boy's lips. And he may have believed his previous tangle with Dippin' Dots had steeled him for his current task.

Sorry, not when up against Donald Duckspeak and his manic math. Our nation's Haircut-In-Chief saw two to three times more people at the inauguration than anyone else did, and, this is my theory only, perhaps it was those very same people who illegally voted (?).

And as I discovered in the online site of my hometown newspaper, who are you gonna believe? Some guy in a blog, a President in the tweetosphere, talking about three to five million (maybe more and maybe less), or your own eyes? You might want to goodthink that answer before responding.
-bill kenny    

No comments:

A Childhood Memory

As a child at Saint Peter's (sic) School in New Brunswick, New Jersey, it was forcibly impressed upon us by the Sisters of Charity whose...