Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Silence = Consent = Murder

"This is not about religion."

That must certainly come as a relief to those of you who consider yourselves religious but managed to still cast a ballot, 'despite serious reservations' in support of the person elected 45th President of the United States. You do not need to reassure me that 'he doesn't reflect my beliefs,' not because I don't believe you (I don't, but who cares?) but because by voting for him in November you revealed yourself to have none.

Now you must live with the consequences of that decision (because you have no choice). Actually, we all have to live with your choice (that's the way it works; I voted twice for a Kenyan Marxist who singlehandedly averted a Second Great Depression while you picked a narcissistic, bellicose bully) but you cannot pretend to be ignorant as to where his piecemeal slippery slope is leading.

I don't think I have to spell it out, someone else did a long time ago at a moment many wanted to believe would, and could never, ever, come again.


And now here we are.

I'd hate for us to go through all eternity knowing we could have stopped the second showing of the horror movie but simply chose not to because, well just because.....

It's not that hard to remember: Never Again means never again for anyone. Always.
-bill kenny

No comments:

A Childhood Memory

As a child at Saint Peter's (sic) School in New Brunswick, New Jersey, it was forcibly impressed upon us by the Sisters of Charity whose...