Thursday, March 16, 2017

Dad's Perfect Day

Yesterday was an excellent day and unlike almost any of  5.435 that preceded it, I had to do very little for that to be the case. Since professionally I do something close to nothing, but different from the time before, it was a snap. 

Shortly after eight yesterday morning our son, Patrick, called me. That in and of itself made yesterday a good day but it became instantaneously better when he told me he was intending to propose later in the day to his lady love, Jena, and wanted a word of encouragement of sorts for on the way. 



As unaccustomed as I am to telling other people how to live their lives or what to do and when (was that thunder I just heard? Watch for lightning, please), what a joy it was to tell him how thrilled I was and am for him and her and though I don't think it's possible, I loved them both more than even before. 



"You say you want diamonds on a ring of gold. Your story to remain untold. Your love not to grow cold. All the promises we break, from the cradle to the grave. When all I want is you."
-bill kenny

No comments:

Honoring Honoré de Balzac

I return to this thought every year on this day because I need to remind myself that all of us, present company included, is the sum of ever...