Friday, May 19, 2017

Willie Nailed It

We are having gorgeous weather where I live right now and deserve as much of it as we can get. It's why the Good Lord gave us two hands to takes as much as we want and two pockets to put it all in. I'm pretty sure that's in the Bible someplace if you know where to look and squint really hard. 

And yet despite the blue skies and green lights for you and yours and me and mine, I am still able to get my knickers in a knot over a story like this. It brings to mind a recollection I have about Steve Dallas the attorney (sort of) originally of Bloom County fame having traveled back in time as part of Outland, holding a trembling and broken Hitler in his arms, very much the worse for wear and war, during what is obviously closing time down in the bunker, all the while cooing "repeat after me, 'I'm a victim, too.'" 

Psychological damages. Seriously? You have an attorney who will be able to offer this complaint with a straight face? Adds new meaning to Dexy's C'mon Eileen
-bill kenny

No comments:

Let a Smile Be Your Umbrella

At seven-plus decades here on the Big Blue Marble, I am perhaps inordinately proud of having very nearly all my own teeth and hardly any cav...