Sunday, July 23, 2017

Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

I had an adventurous twenty-four hours earlier this week, actually, a matter of moments separated the incidents (and/or accidents) but cast a pall over the entire day.I had (note the past tense; this is called foreshadowing I'm told. If it were the future past perfect tense it would be fiveshadowing I guess) a fitness wristwatch of sorts that I wore on my left wrist, my 'non-dominant' hand as it's called in the fitness business. 

It told the time and tracked steps and clocked mileage while guesstimating caloric expenditures (I've reached a point where I'd be better off with a device that sends a shock through my hand when I'm holding food in it causing me to drop it before eating it) and at the end of the day I'd slide it back into its recharging holster while double-clicking the app on my phone to download all the information. 

In the late afternoon it shuddered on my wrist which I thought meant it had hit 10,000 steps but this time around meant 'so long, it's been good to know ya.' I have no idea what happened but it expired before I did which always pleases me immensely.

I sat down at the keyboard to search for a replacement, a process three days later that is still ongoing, and the lower case "c" on the keyboard went down but refused to come back up. This alarmed me as I wasn't looking forward to typing one of my favorite retorts with two k's instead of a c and a k but I had to face up to the realization the defective c kept me from logging in to my own computer, or omputer to give you a taste of what I was up against.

Our daughter, Michelle, served as my technical assistant after dinner as I went out to buy a new keyboard for under ten dollars which I think is a bargain but confess to having no idea what things should cost versus what they do cost. I am thrilled to have all this technology to protect me from an unforgiving and pitiless Nature I am destroying through acts of omission and commission on a daily basis. I am very confident the future is bright assuming we can survive the present to get there.
-bill kenny  

No comments:

A Childhood Memory

As a child at Saint Peter's (sic) School in New Brunswick, New Jersey, it was forcibly impressed upon us by the Sisters of Charity whose...