Tuesday, September 12, 2017

A Break in the Battle

I'm keeping an eye out for friends and family in the path of liberal media hoaxes across the southern portion of our country and hoping that the trickle of "I Am Safe" messages popping up on social media I've been seeing soon turns more into a torrent and that everyone, everywhere, is safe and sound.

Quite frankly I have pretty much an empty head in terms of opinions and perspectives on the world around us at this moment. I am, like so many these days, one who is frequently mistaken but never in doubt. The most amazing thing about that is that realization doesn't seem to humble me at all. Not so much 'bloodied but unbowed' as 'too stupid and too full of himself to stand down' so I keep on like the Energizer Bunny on meth. 

Except at some point, all energy, even that manic kind is exhausted and expended and I have to struggle to catch my breath physically (something in my (much) younger days I never needed to do) as well as metaphorically before launching myself back into the lockstep lemming march that we have decided is our brave new world. 

But today, I just want to sit and enjoy the happy happenstance of a rediscovery that but for one moment, either way, yesterday evening might not have happened at all. And then I start to smile and unwind just a little bit and await tomorrow.
-bill kenny     

No comments:

B-B-Back in M-M-My D-D-Day

On New Year's Day, 1966, London Records (their USA record company) unveiled a billboard for the next Rolling Stones album, December'...