Friday, September 22, 2017

This Time Tomorrow

Tomorrow our daughter, Michelle, and I will again become momentary members of Sue's Crew IX (this time) in support of the YMCA of Metuchen, Edison, Woodbridge and South Amboy (New Jersey) Janice Garbolino 5 K Run/Walk in Edison, New Jersey. You have probably already guessed which event I'm hoping to do, even if I do it badly.

My brother, Adam and his wife, Margaret and members of their family have been involved in this event for almost a decade (actually, VIII years but who's counting) for sadly familiar reasons that we can only hope someday will only be a memory as we work to make cancer history. As was the case last year (when this photo was taken) I am very much in it for the tee-shirt when should I finish.



Suze Crew VIII (2016)/Photo courtesy of Sarah Lyn Thomas
Having made this trip from Connecticut any number of time, I can tell you it's quite a drive for us, and we're not the only travelers nor I suspect was ours anywhere near the longest journey, but it's well worth it for the cause and for the people involved in it.


To be proven again on the morrow
There's a long way yet to go in the battle against breast cancer and all that's been made so far is a very good start. But we've come a long way and it's been a long ride. We've come a long way to be here tonight.
-bill kenny  

No comments:

Let a Smile Be Your Umbrella

At seven-plus decades here on the Big Blue Marble, I am perhaps inordinately proud of having very nearly all my own teeth and hardly any cav...