Saturday, October 7, 2017

Don't Do Me Any Favors

I've read all the articles I'm willing to read about how NOW, less than a week after the carnage caused by weapons in Las Vegas is not the time to bring up the importance of controlling gun violence. Maybe we can send a note to Miss Manners and get a reading on when is the right time. I will point out that I think enough time has passed since the murders at the Pulse Nightclub in Orlando by a person with guns that we can talk about that if it pleases the court. 

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as cranky. Fear for own's life will do that, I guess. For those wrapped in the 2nd Amendment and who want to talk about prying etc., from your cold yadda, yadda, good news, I have industrial pliers and am willing to use them. 

I call bullshit on the 2nd Amendment being interpreted as 'own as many guns as you want' and think it's time for 'own as many guns as I want.' Might put a dent in this statistic. What do you suppose might be "other guns"? Staple guns? 


I get the whole "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" mindset but it would appear that guns are the choice for a lot of those people killing other people. Just sayin'. What has me so red-faced and red-assed is reading news stories waiting for someone, anyone, to look at the issue of bump stocks, concede their sole purpose is to subvert the feeble gun control laws we claim to have and make semi-automatic weapons fire just like (banned) automatic weapons and not ask the most logical question so far, "why are bump stocks legal?

And now that the NRA has given a tentative thumbs-up to a halting discussion that might accomplish something but not nearly enough, we all breathe a sigh of relief and return to staring at our phones waiting for the next news alert. Here's a bullet for your boyfriend.   
-bill kenny



No comments:

B-B-Back in M-M-My D-D-Day

On New Year's Day, 1966, London Records (their USA record company) unveiled a billboard for the next Rolling Stones album, December'...