Monday, August 5, 2019

A Quiet Emergency

I don't think there's cause for alarm, at least not yet but I'm not always the best judge of these situations and circumstances. About three weeks ago my wife and I were in IKEA in New Haven and stopped for lunch/dinner (middag) in their cafeteria. 

I always have the Swedish meatballs (what other kind would they have, right?) (Svenska köttbullar), mashed potatoes (potatismos), mixed vegetables (blandade grönsaker), and lingonberries (lingon but not continental). Not that many years ago, when you ordered that meal you had fifteen (femton) meatballs, which then later, became ten (tio) and now it's down to eight (åtta).  

On our previous trip, the server was handing me the plate when I noted there were no lingonberries and he nonchalantly offered he'd almost forgotten them. Technically, he was full of crap as he had forgotten them and I reminded him. But all's well that ended well.

Saturday not so much. Not only did the IKEA cafeteria NOT have any lingonberries, but they also didn't even have any lingonberry drink at the soda fountain. How is such a thing possible? It'd be like a shortage of insexnyckel to put the furniture together. 

I'm just hoping lingonberries, unlike a lot of their furniture these days, doesn't come from China because with Pantload45's tariffs, we might need to brace for shortages and elevated costs (unless of course the Chinese pay the tariffs as the simple-minded MAGA minions believe to be the case because their orange shitstain leader says they are, even though they're not (såvida naturligtvis inte kineserna betalar tullarna som de enkla sinnade MAGA-ministrarna tror är fallet eftersom deras orange shitstain-ledare säger att de är det, även om de inte är).  

I bought two more jars of them downstairs in the little shop., just in case. I may have to start to dip into my home supply and bring some with me the next time we stop in. I know: gee, a little self-absorbed today aren't you?  Yeh, maybe. But look at all the Swedish you learned
-bill kenny   

No comments:

It's a Long Walk

Today is the birthday of our baby girl, Michelle. She was the smallest and most perfect person I had ever seen on the day of her birth. When...