Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Infinity of Barbershop Mirrors Trick

Sorry, again, for barking at the moon yesterday. Was angry at a lot of things and it seemed to crystallize around a newspaper article. Jefferson Airplane once sang, "You're Only Pretty as You Feel." I'm not especially attractive most of the time and yesterday was one of my more 'I don't feel pretty at all' days. Sorry you bore the brunt of that.

Trying to move beyond that gets harder when there are echoes from that newspaper story, like the rings in a pond from a pebble too casually tossed. Spoke to some Norwich Neighbors in the course of yesterday and visited the website of one of our Alderpersons (remember, I told you about these?) and was a bit discomfited. With apologies to Roger McGuinn, "Lost My Driving Wheel" is a great tune but shouldn't be an option or an outcome (at least not yet).

I hate when life imitates art (either Carney or Linkletter). I am troubled how we seem to gravitate to pessimism because that way we can only be surprised and never disappointed.

I would wish anyone and everyone who has an issue with the manner in which the City Council does its business would voice that concern out loud (and not simply sidelip it on your way out of Council Chambers to the person who sat in front of me Monday night. Yeah, I heard you, ma'am; how could I NOT have heard you. BTW, how would you feel if we walked out while you spoke?) at the next opportunity, which just happens to be this Monday evening at Greeneville School (the first in what the City Council hopes/promises to be an ongoing community outreach).

As I understand it, there's the possibility of pizza (yeah, I was lobbying for pony rides, but what can a poor boy do?). So even if you don't have an issue, come and have a slice. And, with what will sound like it should have a disclaimer, "funded by a grant from Domino's or Papa Gino's", consider the pizza a metaphor for who we are (not so much 'peppy' like pepperoni-don't be so darn literal). There are individual slices, or villages (like Thamesville, Greeneville, Taftville, Laurel Hill) but together there is but one pie. Is that for here, or to go?
All I am saying is give pizza a chance.
(Wow. That's not how I thought this would end when I started.)
-bill kenny

No comments:

Honoring Honoré de Balzac

I return to this thought every year on this day because I need to remind myself that all of us, present company included, is the sum of ever...