Monday, January 7, 2008

Zevon meets Donne

An amazing aspect about technological applications and evolutions is the development and dissemination of information that can be shared by an infinite number, but which is, simultaneously, beyond formal communication channel constraints and constructs. That's not always a good thing, and in wandering the Net, you either learn to read some folks and NOT read seriously others, or you are trapped on line all day in an unending 'do loop.'

Sitting in Norwich, CT, my view of the world (which actually becomes my world), is very different from yours-not superior or inferior, just different. An ongoing challenge is to take a micro-topic, something I think is worth writing about, and offering it within a macro-context (it ain't called the World Wide Web for nothing, Starbuck). So while I had thought I'd offer a modified rant on an issue of some import here in The Rose of New England, some days you eat the bear, and some days the bear eats you.

I never had an opportunity to meet Major Andrew Olmsted, US Army, though I read and enjoyed his blog on a regular basis until this morning.
His final entry is literally that. If you can read it and keep from crying for him (and for all of us), tell me how, as I cannot stop.
"If I leave you, it doesn't mean I love you any less.
Keep me in your heart for awhile."
-bill kenny

No comments:

Kyrie Eleison

Today marks the start of my seventy-second revolution around the sun. To be honest, there were times this past year when I didn't think ...