Wednesday, August 20, 2025

Beats a Spelling Bee

Decades ago, when I was a college-age human, for a number of reasons caused by a variety of substances, I would often sit up all night watching television. Back in my day, there were some wondrous sights at oh-bright-early in the morning on channels on the dial just above the police calls.

Now that I'm mature, it gets late pretty early around my house, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the odd TV program, and by odd, I mean the stuff ESPN U sticks on when they think we're not watching.

If you speak German, it's helpful while watching this clip from a program called Beat the Star, though not critical. And yes, they are competing to see who can best place their grocery trolley in the return area, a "sport" that is a lost art for most Americans, based on the supermarket parking lots I've been in
-bill kenny 

No comments:

Lest We Forget

Sometimes important stuff gets lost in the revelry. This is Labor Day 2026, and we need to consider where we are and where we would be if th...