Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Move over Timmy, June Lockhart is all mine

I had notes from two people in the last day, on different topics (and actually about different aspects of my life and interaction with theirs) that underscored for me, again (I need reminders as I'm getting a little thin in the grey matter department) how we are the sum of everyone we've ever met.

That said, these two people are, with apologies to Will Rogers, 'friends I've never met.' They were kind enough to invite me into their lives, though I neither knew that nor (had I known) appreciated it at the time. There was a joke when I worked in radio, 'assume the mike (microphone) is always hot', that I now have to wonder if I should sleep in a tuxedo in case I need to make a good impression on someone in a dream.

Because we are all connected, and inter-connected, on this ant farm with beepers (Dennis Miller is right, you know. Okay, he's a little crazy now, perhaps, but the insight was original and the observation terribly true) their kind words will shape and impact how I continue my bus ride through this life. I'm still stuck in an aisle seat, but the fog is lifting outside and the windows are pretty big and I might get a peek at where we're heading anytime soon now.

I was a big fan of a program entitled "What You Are Now Is What You Were When" (the original was very much a video of its time: big-lapel suit jackets with wide shoulders, side burns to the elbows; sort of That 70's Show without Topher and Ashton) and because of my advanced years, I've been able to synthesis a LOT of different people and their respective impacts and perspectives into my life to create who or what I am. It's nice to know even at this late date, course corrections are possible (and necessary).

I believe very much that you should be the change you want to see in the world (emphasis on the second person personal pronoun, since my 'best by' date has lapsed) so it was very nice to be on the receiving end of separate random acts of kindness. If I had a dog, today would be a day I'd pet him and not glare at him. Whether he'd return the favor is another matter.
What's the matter, Lassie? Is Kenny in trouble?
-bill kenny

No comments:

B-B-Back in M-M-My D-D-Day

On New Year's Day, 1966, London Records (their USA record company) unveiled a billboard for the next Rolling Stones album, December'...