Sunday, May 22, 2011

Well, This is only a Little Awkward, Right?

If you gave us a hand yesterday morning here in Norwich as we thrashed and trashed our way across downtown you should have heard from Karen so consider this the redundant redundancy department. Thank you for finding the time not only make a difference but to be the difference. The reason why it's important that Karen has your name, phone and email is because we're going to target another Norwich Neighborhood in the next few weeks and have at it again. Guess who we're gonna call? Youbetcha, Ghostbusters.

Actually, I think we done good and if you're reading this stuff this morning (I'm stunned that your life is more empty than mine), it's a good thing we didn't count too much on the end of the world happening so we could get away with a half-assed cleanup job. I always hate when that happens...'hey, what's the deal with the rubble? Why bother? The Rapture starts in an hour--dincha git the memo?' Nope.

Of course, if you were one of those who believed our Manufacturer's Recall would happen at some point yesterday (I can't really write hoped; it's just too weird) you weren't alone but yes, you do still have to go to church today but nice try. Call it Survivor's Remorse. And if you're Wimpie, tomorrow is Monday and the day after that, somebody had better have hamburger repayment money ready...

Of course, if Doomsday did show up, the Blogger folks are going to be very angry that I wasted server space with this since none of us are around to read it. Mea Culpa (see? I did practice just in case). I'm not sure some of the people doing that "He's Back!" happy dance all week haven't been reading the same Gospels I did when I was a kid. They may want to chill out until AFTER the Son of God shares with us what He thinks of what we've done with the place.

What's the matter, Lassie? Is Jesus in trouble? I think not, Timmy (Yow! I really hope he went first; that is really annoying); not to be confused with Paul's pen pal, Timothy. The part that makes me saddest is, at least around here, we had a hard winter and I was so looking forward to summer.

All this Prophecy that End Times will last until just before Hallow e'en really harshes that buzz. I'm breaking in a new toothbrush and this happens?! (I learned that the other day. just under the wire I guess; never knew it had name. Thanks SF.) TS Eliot's guess was as good as anybody else's and better than some. And it ain't just Mistah Kurtz. So much for that birthday party, cheesecake, jelly bean, Boom!
-bill kenny

No comments:

B-B-Back in M-M-My D-D-Day

On New Year's Day, 1966, London Records (their USA record company) unveiled a billboard for the next Rolling Stones album, December'...