Saturday, March 1, 2014

So This Is Better than Nothing?

I had every intention of working on something more suited, dare I say a touch more lyrical,to mark the first of March. And I have nothing. A head full of hospital aches and pains that I hope continue to recede as the days slowly lengthen and warm.

I'm doing lots of nothing today-okay, I'm hoping there's an exhibition game on YES with the Yankees or I'll watch the Red Sox if I have to (checking to see if you're wearing your BoSox), anything to help me think that the winter is ending even if the weather and the calendar aren't holding out a large amount of hope yet.


This time last year we were still talking about Nemo, pictured above and I can only hope when (or do I mean if?) this winter ends, that we don't have fodder for similar tales. I still get cold looking at those photos and we have had more chill this winter than is to my liking so if the typing gets sloppy, it's because I'm wearing gloves.
-bill kenny

No comments:

A Quarter of a Century On...

Maybe it's a phenomenon of age and the aging process but I'm always surprised to discover something I think of as 'not that long...