Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Our House

I am the oldest child of Joan and Bill Kenny. Dad died in 1981 and Mom passed away a year ago last June. I have lived for a skosh over sixty-six and a half years and today at one in the afternoon, as the last of all my brothers and sisters, I will become a homeowner.

Thank you to Patrick who began his suggestion in a phone call to me about a month before I retired by insisting I 'don't say anything until you've heard me out.' 
And people say I don't listen...

C, S & N sold separately
And to Byron for his patience and efforts (a recurring theme as you're about to read).

And to Yola.

And to Peter.

As well as to Stacy.

And not forgetting Eduardo.

And Emily.

And Carey.

And Wes.

I never really cared if I owned a house. Ever.

I do very much care I will now get to spend the rest of my life with the love of my life and the best way to make sure that could happen was to buy the house in which she and I now live. 

No big lessons to be learned here, least of all by me especially today, of all days. 

Except: I love you, Sigrid.
-bill kenny       

No comments:

Remember Charlie, Remember Baker

History is a funny thing. Today fades right into yesterday before your very eyes and then because it was so subtle you almost but not quite ...