Friday, June 14, 2019

Dream Big!

We had a rainy, misty, junky kind of a day yesterday so I headed to an indoor mall, one with an alarmingly rapid rate of declining storefronts within it since I was last there not that long ago, to grab some steps. 

Striding purposefully or what passes for it with me at this stage in the game, I walked past a kiosk not much bigger than a pushcart (they come in sizes it seems and I know this because I asked on one of my earlier visits as part of the Curious George Fellowship I have applied for) with a large sign, nearly as large as the kiosk itself, stating in large, bold letters "Under New Management" and in smaller ones advising would-be patrons that the new folks weren't responsible for anything that happened before January 12, 2019. I'm guessing that includes that case of plantar fasciitis I had (the sign did not stipulate as to what the new management was and was not responsible for) though I didn't actually ask. 

I slowed, if not fully stopped while reading the sign since, as I said, the kiosk was about the size of a medium cardboard box with the lid cut off. That is, NOT the kind of place where the person behind the counter ever says things like, 'let me check in the back to see if there's more in stock," or "you'll have to speak with my manager, one moment please." 

I know, everyone has to have a dream to guide you just ask Sam Walton or Jeff Bezos, so good on you kiosk person! Except there's another word that starts with D, delusion, and that may more accurately describe what you're working on.
-bill kenny          

No comments:

Everything You Know is Wrong

Have you ever lost track of time? Gotten so wrapped up in a good book or a conversation and looked at your watch (or, for Gen Z, your phone)...