Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Life Imitates Art

When I got up yesterday morning I had every intention of heading to my local Planet Fitness because I needed to get back into that routine again (despite my usual persuasiveness, I did NOT talk myself out of not getting up and getting ready to go).

And then, before heading out I visited Facebook and one of my real-life friends, Lee, had a brief pictorial story on him and his wife's efforts to rescue a turtle Sunday night near where they live in Manchester (Connecticut).    

As I walked to the garage and my car, I spontaneously combusted decided rather than an indoor treadmill, I'd head up to Mohegan Park where I live in Norwich. As I arrived at the lower level parking on the far side of the park, I encountered what, for all I know, may well have been the same turtle about five feet to the right of my car. 

Doesn't look all that happy together, does it? 
It appeared to me (and you can see it in the picture a bit) like maybe s/he has some thin fishing line as a necklace (or not) and believe me when I assure you I tried to remove it but perhaps s/he thought they looked pretty with it on because they wanted NO part of my effort to help remove it.    

I'm hoping later this week maybe Lee runs into a double-parked bullfrog on his street that has to be toad (like I needed to work so hard to play a classic Rory Gallagher tune). 
-bill kenny  

No comments:

Everything You Know is Wrong

Have you ever lost track of time? Gotten so wrapped up in a good book or a conversation and looked at your watch (or, for Gen Z, your phone)...