Saturday, June 12, 2021

Can't Hold a Candle to Gwneyth

To a certain extent, rich and famous people often remind me of panda bears. Everyone loves going to the zoo to look at them even though while you're looking at them they don't seem to be doing anything (because they aren't) aside from munching on bamboo. 

Not that long ago, Gwenyth Paltrow (she of  'consciously uncoupling with Chris Martin' fame) made a media splash for marketing, via her Goop website, a candle that she claimed smelled like her vagina.  I almost hurt myself  NOT having an opinion on any of that because it's really none of my, or (and my point, I think) anyone else's business. 

I am relentless in advocating for freedom but, where I draw the line perhaps, your need to tell me can, will, nor, not ever, exceed my need to NOT know if that's what I choose. That we have so many people famous for being famous is okay as long as we understand celebrities make headlines while heroes and heroines make a difference. 

You can probably guess how I reacted to this 'news item and, no, I haven't checked with Gwenyth about bamboo-scented candles or how to go about steaming them. Check with Will Smith.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Somewhere Santayana Grimaces

Do you know what a bellend is? See? Learn something new every day. Here's someone who is a perfect representation of both definitions, ...