Friday, June 11, 2010

As much of my favorite joke as is permitted.....

I had an acquaintance suggest yesterday I don't have a very good sense of humor. That assertion caused me to smile thus eviscerating her point (maybe). Actually I have a wonderful sense of humor though my sense of timing, on when to deploy my sense of humor, could use some work. A lot of work, actually. And might I suggest with the state of the world as it currently is, if you don't have a sense of humor, I'm not sure how you keep from going mad.

Anyway-I don't have a comedy club circuit that I work and don't surreptitiously do Zen Stand-up two nights in the lounge at Grossman's in the Catskills honing my chops and hoping for a shot at The Big Room. Pardon my lack of modesty, I think the world is a better place because I don't....

That said, here goes (with as much of the joke as I can place here and NOT have you have cover your child's eyes while exclaiming 'that potty-mouth!' Besides, if you think about it, you can guess the punchline-and if not, drop me a line and I'll tell you):

A man walks into a bar with a parrot on his head.
"May I help you?" asks the bartender.
"Yeah," says the parrot, "can you get this----------?"

Remember to tip your waitress.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Now and Zen

Our local supermarket, feeling the competitive pressure no doubt of an Arkansas retail chain in a business where profit margins often disapp...