Thursday, January 5, 2012

Nuts and other Legumes

I have never been to Iowa-but no gloating out there, please. Your luck could run out and I hope you'll be good sports about it. I rarely vote in national elections for Republican Party candidates, so I'm treading carefully as I join the Chorus of the Arrogantly Ill-Informed offering drive-by analysis of the aftermath in Tuesday's tectonic plate shift (and you must always remember the "f" in that word) of the Republican Caucus.

Let me point out the Democrats had a caucus in Iowa as well. You have probably guessed the outcome which is why it didn't get the play the other side of the aisle received. I confess to some titillation over the realization that Ron Paul, Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum were in a "tight three-way", most especially because of so many of their followers' positions about other people's sexual politics and preferences. How hard do you suppose you have to work to so thoroughly anger the gearheads at urban dictionary and who wants to ask the Rickster?

Forty-eight hours after the caucuses concluded (not to be confused with the mountain range or the skin color though the latter in light of the population breakdown in Iowa is understandable) a lot of time and talent has been focused at the top of the totals boards with those who ended at or close to the bottom more or less being fitted for political body bags.

Joining Herman Cain on the Fascinating Footnotes for '12 Trivial Pursuit play-at-home game are Michele Bachman and Rick Perry (the latter struggling to avoid premature capitulation). I'd wonder what happened to Jon Huntsman, but then again, don't we all? Or is it more that we don't care. Have we finally become a nation, sitting on a sofa on a Sunday afternoon going to the candidates' debate?   I'll leave it to you to decide who is catering and who is pandering.
-bill kenny      

No comments:

All Due Respect for Art's Sake

From my earliest days as a short-pants, no romance little kid, I read National Geographic Magazine.  I could be transported anywhere and eve...