Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Tick, Tock

Andy Warhol once prophesied that in the future everyone would be world-famous for fifteen minutes. That prediction certainly came true for him and I guess we're nearing that world-famous future for all based on the continued publicizing of the antics of Kanye West (who has had himself a hell of a weekend in terms of self-aggrandizement, in my opinion).

He was bullied backstage by the producers of Saturday Night Live, he said, after performing as what looked like a bottle of Perrier water. And then he doubled down on the MAGA mega-love with some curious (bordering on the surreally ignorant) perspectives on the 13th Amendment (which abolished (finally) slavery in the USA, enacted after the conclusion of our Less-Than-Civil-War).

Ye, as he prefers to be called, is entitled to speak his truth as much as I am (but by no means more so) and I shouldn't be surprised that they both would look and sound very little like one another. "Follow your heart and stop following your mind." Yeah, thanks; I'm good, but you be you. 

I have a difficult, bordering on impossible, time enjoying his music not so much because I struggle to accept it as music (beauty is, after all, in the ear of the beholder but with something like this he makes it easy for me to have a problem) but more especially because of the sound of a stopwatch growing ever louder. 
-bill kenny     

No comments:

Short, Sweet, and Sad

Not gonna lie. I missed it and I'll bet you missed it, too.  I'm talking about the recently concluded Texas Sandfest .  As a kid who...