Monday, December 10, 2018

And How Was Your Weekend?

I skipped our holiday lighting of the Norwich City Hall this past Friday evening because I knew there would a lot for folks crammed into the Sangeuedolce Square for the downtown First Friday exhibits and any photos I took would mostly be the backs of other people's heads all of whom would be trying to do what I was trying: to take a picture of City Hall with its holiday lights blazing. 

And the photo that made The Day's front page on Saturday was lovely enough for all of us to enjoy.


Instead, I walked up Lincoln and across Washington (the streets are named for two former Presidents, Mr. Trump, in case you wondered) to Chelsea Parade to grab this shot of the annual Christmas Rose erected between the GAR soldier statue and the flagpole.


I think it helps me get and stay in the holiday mood.
-bill kenny 
 

No comments:

B-B-Back in M-M-My D-D-Day

On New Year's Day, 1966, London Records (their USA record company) unveiled a billboard for the next Rolling Stones album, December'...