Thursday, January 16, 2020

Hard To Be an Only Child

I once read when you are a young child in a family with older children your growing up seems to be like having had too much to drink. Everyone else remembers all of your awkward and embarrassing moments better than you. As the oldest in a rather large family, I've never had that problem.

Let me demonstrate (and this will work a LOT better if you know any of my brothers or sisters). Today is our sister Jill's birthday. She is the youngest of my three younger sisters though it's possible (and I say only possible) she regards her older two sisters as drafts. Just sayin'.

Two words: goody bags. My lips are sealed, but my seals have lips. Enough.

Happy birthday, Jill. With many, many more to follow.
-bill

No comments:

Ruminating about Roosevelt

I have some random and not especially original observations before Monday night’s Second Public Hearing on the City Budget.  Theodore Roosev...